G7 for seven generations of Barossa viticulture by the Scholz family. Establishing a mixed farm of livestock and orchards in 1845, Johann Scholz planted one of the first Barossa vineyards along the alluvial banks of Para River. Established 1970, the Mataro block grows on a gentle, east facing slope, away from North Para River. An ideal site, invigorated by gully winds for a slow ripening of intense berry spice flavours in the grapes. Mourverdre of merit, magnificence and mark, a big bucolic nose, earthyness, savouryness, currants and strawberry, olives, marketgarden and mint.